Friday, January 24, 2014

Cedar Night

Night skies are amazing when you can see them as you did when you were 10. Cedar Breaks offers views like those I remember from my childhood neighborhood (likely even better). Star gazing naturally follows when the view is this good. I took pictures while scouting for the last project. The challenge is Iwas there during the day, so I had to convert the drawings to look like night. It is amazing how dark blue and gray so effectively convey nighttime.


Here is the reference picture I used to build the landscape


And here is the drawing made from the top photo. Below is the finished product



1 comment:

  1. Dear John: It's Jo-Ann Wong and I'm hoping you can give me a quote for 5,000 Golden Spike postcards. As you may know this is the 150 anniversary of the completion of the Transcontinental Railroad and Chinese descendants have an array of events planned and I would like to purchase your beautiful postcards to distribute. wong84109@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete