In 1917, Dolph Andrus and William Hopkins set out to log a road between Bluff in southeastern Utah and St George. Their trip took them through the heart of Monument Valley. Many roads today follow closely to the motor path they pioneered. This design highlights Monument valley, while remembering their contribution to tourism in the West.
This picture was taken just off Highway 163 in the Valley.
The final rendering, of course, features them in their motor carriage, a 1916 Maxwell Roadster.