Friday, October 11, 2013

  Glacial Grandeur
I wouldn't miss an opportunity to visit a national park if one were near by. So, when my friend invited me to his wedding in Cardston, Canada, I knew we would have to include a side trip to Glacier National Park. We entered the park on July 3, 2011 and drove up the east end of the Going-to-the-Sun Road. Of course I had to jump out every few miles and take a picture until I found the perfect subject for the Scenic Highways series:


How fortunate that a ranger truck would be available to pose.

Since the road was dedicated in 1933, I wanted a period car to replace the obviously modern truck in the final version of the poster.


This beautiful 1934 Ford Woody was found inside some guy's house in Pennsylvania, and when I say inside the house, I mean in the bedroom. Of course it was removed with care, restored, and now has a backwards license plate on it (or, I flipped the photo).

The final results are exhibited below, A study of the mountain on the left, and the final poster design on the right. Come again for "Tales of Gold and Other Less Valuable spikes."



No comments:

Post a Comment