Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Tales of Gold Spikes

"Why sure I will participate in the reenactment," I told a fellow who was dressed as if he just stepped out of 1869. "We need you to wear this bowler hat and read this line," the dapper man said. "You will play L. W. Coe." SO while Mr. Coe played himself at Promontory Summit on May 10, 1869, I would stand in the same place on June 23, 2012 and utter his same words. History is cool!



Here is the reenactment cast. I am the guy on the far right in jeans and a bowler hat that is a little tight.


 For the poster, I took this picture of the engines face-to-face. I like the different angle, since most images of the trains show them from the side. Below I have included the final rendering, and a study I did of the "Jupiter."



Next time on Scenic Highways: Beware of the Goblins!

No comments:

Post a Comment